Chief Executive Officer / CEO - ENCINITAS CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Encinitas Chamber of Commerce
The Encinitas Chamber of Commerce is seeking a dynamic, entrepreneurial community focused leader to fill the role of Chief Executive Officer. The ideal candidate will have the ability and vision to help continue the work of the past 8 years by continuing to raise the bar for the Chamber’s outreach, visibility, programs and events, to ensure the Chamber remains relevant in an ever-changing environment.
The CEO is a key representative and business advocate accountable for providing executive leadership, strategic direction and vision for the development and fulfillment of the Chamber’s mission; responsible for the overall management and success of the Chamber, including funding, membership, programs, events, staffing, promotion, visibility, public appearances, CRM system, marketing/branding including email marketing and lead generation, social media, digital/web, mobile, apps, member communication and promotion tools, overall financial performance; the official spokesperson for the Chamber; the most visible leader in the Chamber organization and is tasked with building relationships with leaders of the community including strengthening the Chamber’s relationships with government agencies and elected officials; a spokesperson on behalf of business.
As a membership organization, the Chamber promotes business and economic development through meaningful programs, responsible leadership and effective communication.
- Position: Chief Executive Officer of the Encinitas Chamber of Commerce
- Salary: $55,000 - $60,000
- Benefits: None at this time
- Chamber Membership: 300
- Chamber Budget: $230,000
- Number of Staff: 3
- Population Served: 63,000
- Education / Experience: Bachelor’s degree (preferred), Chamber of Commerce experience (preferred), Knowledge of Quickbooks (preferred)
Position Summary: CEO will provide high profile leadership, vision, guidance and strategic direction for the programs and personnel of the Encinitas Chamber of Commerce. He/She will facilitate and lead staff and board efforts to achieve the mission and goals of the Chamber as approved by the Board of Directors.
Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Day to day management of Chamber operations along with leading and directing Chamber staff.
- Maintain a high level of communication with staff, board members, city, county and state officials
- Represent the Chamber with members, public agencies, and various other organizations at meetings and events and with the media
- Keep up with all new laws and regulations that affect Encinitas businesses
- Coordinate and implement networking opportunities and community events.
- Provide annual budgets for Chamber operations and events. Provide monthly financial reports to the Board of Directors. Provide ROI reports for all Chamber events.
- Understand the needs of small businesses and non-profit organizations
- Maintain current statistics and familiarity of the economy of the area, both inside and outside the Chamber membership
Skills / Qualifications:
- Have a proven track record of leadership, community relations, fiscal responsibility, and experience managing a team of people to achieve organizational growth
- Must be able to use superior communication skills to motivate and inspire others
- Must be a visionary, be innovative and trust the team to execute the vision
- Be decisive, comfortable taking calculated risks and action
- Lead by example in demonstrating exemplary behavior, specifically in terms of respect, integrity and work ethic
- Strive to develop a culture that allows employees to grow into their potential, ensures members consider the Chamber as a partner in their business growth, and is a positive influence in the community
How to Apply Online:
- Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Put "CEO for Encinitas Chamber of Commerce" in Subject Line
- Include in email how you heard about this job posting (since it's posted in multiple places)