Employer: Encinitas 101 MainStreet Association
Title: Events Coordinator
Description: Encinitas 101 MainStreet Association is seeking a fantastic employee to join in our dynamic organization. This is a great opportunity for an entry level professional seeking a career in events planning and marketing. This individual will assist in planning large scale events with the opportunity of managing them in the future. E101 organizes and manages diverse events, programs, and promotional activities to support and promote Encinitas downtown businesses, including: Taste of Encinitas, Encinitas Farm + Craft Market, Art Gallery Receptions, Spring/Holiday Street Fairs, Encinitas Cruise Nights and Safe Trick or Treat.
This position will require working closely with the Executive Director on various projects and tasks. He/she will have an opportunity to meet important people within the Encinitas community. E101 constantly works with City officials and leaders in our community that it could also provide a great networking experience. This will begin as a part-time position with a potential to grow into a full-time role.
Qualification and Requirements:
• Pursuing a college degree or college graduate
• Use of MS Office Suite – Word, Outlook, and Excel • Communication skills: Excellent listening, speaking and writing skills are needed to communicate with vendors, event attendees, and staff. • Attention to detail, multi-tasking: Ability to notice the most minute details during an event.
• Self-starter and problem solver
• Sense of humor and fun loving!
Responsibilities for this position:
• Assist with event coordination, production, promotion, and event management
• Recruit and coordinate volunteers for all events
• Create a thorough budget for each event
• Create/maintain entertainment data/spreadsheets for events (band contact, payments, etc)
• Attend monthly board meetings and prepare meeting minutes
• Help set up and breakdown day of events (some weekends and nights required)
• Assist with press release distribution and media list updates
• Help distribute marketing collateral – Posters, flyers and postcards
• Assist with event webpage updating
• Updates to website including online store and blog
• Contribute to a friendly, courteous, fun, professional work place!
Interested in joining our team? Please apply to Irene Pyun at firstname.lastname@example.org with
your resume and cover letter.
Position Type: Part-time to potentially develop into full-time.
Desired Major(s): Communications, Marketing, Business, Non-profit
Wage: $17-18/hour DOE